Avalon Waterways Suite Ships
Live the Suite LIfe
Since the moment we came on the river cruising scene in 2004, we have provided the most spacious onboard accommodations in Europe. Our innovative Suite ShipsSM feature our one-of-a-kind Panorama Suites - a full 30% larger than the industry standard. Unlike other river cruise companies that use up valuable room space on tiny unusable "balconies," Avalon delivers a full balcony experience that's perfect in any weather conditions, in any season, without compromising room space. How'd we do it? We pushed your room all the way out to the end of the ship, making the whole wall a panoramic window with a 7-foot opening. Slide the doors wide open and enjoy the feeling of sitting comfortably "outside" as views of castle ruins, vineyards, and ancient cities float by. We even furnished your space with a love seat and chairs, a table where you can savor a meal or evening drink, and enough room for entertaining friends.
Even the placement of the bed is innovative, facing the window to allow you to watch the splendid passing riverscapes as you lie in cozy comfort on your Comfort Collection BedSM. And unlike other fleets that only have a few premium suites on each ship, 80% of our Suite Ship staterooms are Panorama Suites.
In addition, every well-appointed Deluxe Stateroom or Suite on every Avalon ship is a spacious refuge of inviting home-away-from-home features. Delight in the large private bathroom with full shower with glass door and premium L'Occitane® bath products; luxurious Comfort Collection Beds with premium mattress covers, Egyptian super-combed cotton linens, European-style duvets, and soft and firm pillows; ample closet space and under-bed storage; fully stocked minibars with complimentary bottled water; and flatscreen televisions with a movie channel and selection of movies. You'll love your Avalon accommodations so much, you may never want to go home!
View Virtual Tour of Suite Ships
Enjoy These "Fun" Facts About Our Suite Ships
- You could post 1,408 of your favorite vacation Polaroids on one floor-to-ceiling, Wall-to-Wall Panorama Window. If every passenger did this on their suite windows, they could view 92,928 pictures.
- One hundred (100) cruisers could fit in one 200-square foot Panorama Suite – Let the cocktail party begin!
- The 304 windows used on the Suite Ships provide the best views available on the world's most picturesque rivers could create an all-weather glass encasement for Lady Liberty (most of the windows measure ~ nearly 11-feet x 7-feet).
- Industry experts say that the average television screen size could reach an unprecedented 60-inches in American households by 2015. The ultimate HD experience (floor-to-ceiling Wall-to-Wall Panorama Windows measuring 132-inches x 96-inches, showcasing Europe's passing landscapes) will be available in suites. And, these monster "screens" come complete with fresh air.
- The average European river cruise ship balcony is used 150 hours a year (and that's being generous). The Open-Air BalconySM in each Suite can be enjoyed 8,760 hours a year – at any time of day, in any weather condition.
- The typical cruise ship balcony fits two to five passengers comfortably; the approximately 50-square foot Open-Air BalconySM on Avalon's Suite ships allow for a 15-person social gathering.
- Each Suite bathroom is large enough to fit 1,512 folded, luxury robes: Robes are available on all of Avalon's European ships.
- Suites are, on average, 30 percent larger than the standard industry stateroom.