Elegant Cruise Dining
Every Meal Is A Part of the Journey.
The way we see it, every dining experience with Avalon is an opportunity to bring your destination to life. We put care into creating every day's menu using fresh, quality ingredients. All prepared to perfection by our culinary artisans.
Dinners become the perfect complement to a day of discovery. We craft our recipes using high-quality, prime-cut beef, fresh fish, and an accompaniment of hand-picked local fruits, vegetables, and garden greens.
The perfect complement to your day's journey is a choice of regional fare. Every dinner features a specialty dish from your destination as well as a choice of wine, including a special wine of the region, selected by a professional sommelier and always complimentary. And on each Avalon cruise, we bring a local chef on board to interact and prepare a special dinner, offering a true taste of the culture of your destination.
And aboard our Suite ShipsSM, why not take advantage of our new Panorama Bistro - a casual atmosphere offering a variety of regional and tapas-style dishes, hand-paired with local wines.
Our lunches are a reason to return to the ship. Enjoy hand carved meats and expansive buffets including fresh salads and amazing homemade soups. And enjoy a sunny day and lunch with a view courtesy of our Sky Bistro, featuring grilled meats and local favorites.
Start your day with our extensive breakfast buffet: choose a made-to-order omelet, fresh fruit, or among an assortment of just-baked breads. Or try our daily breakfast special. Up early or sleeping in? No problem. Our Early and Late Riser Continental breakfast ensure you're off to a great start.
And with Avalon ChoiceSM Dining, our guests can choose their dining experience, morning, noon and night. In the mood for an extensive buffets, al fresco grill or a light lunch? Prefer an à la carte dining experience or a casual dinner in our new Panorama Bistro? Regardless of taste or interest, all options feature the highest quality local ingredients, hand-crafted with care by our chefs.
Rest assured that on your Avalon cruise, you'll look forward to each meal the same way you look forward to each port.
Sample Menus from the Avalon Panorama.
Early Riser Coffee, 6 a.m.
Start your day right with self-service coffee, hot water, croissants, cookies, and assorted finger foods.
Breakfast Buffet, 7 a.m. – 8:30 a.m.
Enjoy a tempting selection of breads, cereals, fruits, cold cuts and cheeses, smoked salmon, pastries, yogurts, and juices. Hot items such as eggs, sausage, and bacon vary daily.*
*Buffet breakfast items are conveniently color coded on all Avalon Waterways river cruise ships to indicate foods that are low calorie, low fat/low calorie, high fiber, low cholesterol, and high energy
Late Riser Breakfast, 8:30 a.m. – 9:30 a.m.
Self-service coffee, hot water, croissants, cookies and assorted finger foods.
Lunch Buffet, 12:30 p.m.
Select from intriguing appetizers, hearty soups, hot dishes, homemade breads, cold cuts and cheeses, salads, and delectable desserts.
Afternoon Tea, 4 p.m.
Take a mid-day break with coffee or tea and cake or cookies served in the lounge or on the top deck.
Dinner, 7:30 p.m.
Dine elegantly with a sit-down meal served in a single sitting. The chef will delight you with gourmet selections and the perfect, complimentary wines (complimentary beer or soft drinks also available). Menus typically feature an appetizer, soup, entrée, dessert, and coffee or tea.
Night Fare, 10:30 p.m.
Note: Meal times may vary depending on cruise schedule.
Incredible Dining Choices
- Captain's reception with sparkling wine and canapés
- Welcome dinner
- Five-course farewell dinner
- Daily early-riser breakfast
- Daily late-riser breakfast
- Full buffet breakfast with sparkling wine and made-to-order egg station
- Complimentary juices with breakfast
- Breakfast buffets with foods that are low calorie, low fat, high fiber, low cholesterol, and high energy
- Open-Air Bistro on Sky Deck
- Lunch buffet with pasta and carving stations
- Complimentary soft drinks with lunches
- Afternoon Tea featuring tea, coffee, and sweet treats
- Social Hour and drink specials in Main Lounge
- Seasonal cuisine featuring the freshest local ingredients
- Chef-inspired regional & Western recipes
- Four-course dinners with choice of appetizers, soups, salads, cheese, entrees & cheese or desserts
- Spacious, open-seating restaurant
- Healthy Meal Options
- Complimentary regional wines, beer or soft drinks with dinner, and coffee or tea after dinner
- Upscale bar serving premium spirits
- Night Fare
- Self-serve beverage station with complimentary premium Lavazza coffee, cappuccino, latte, espresso, tea and hot chocolate
- Room service available featuring Continental breakfast & beverages